Your annual flu vaccination is now due.
Influenza is a virus that infects many people each year, causing severe illness and sometimes death. The flu vaccination provides the best possible protection against this unpredictable virus.
This year, we will be running our flu clinics differently to ensure that we are COVID safe.
It is vital that you DO NOT attend for vaccination if you or a member of your household currently has symptoms of COVID-19 or if you are self-isolating due to contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
The vaccination is free and recommended yearly for those who are most at risk of contracting influenza. This includes:
- Children aged 2-10 years old*
- Pregnant women
- Anyone who suffers from a long-term medical condition
- Everyone aged 65 and over
- People who act as carers or work in health and social care
- Close contacts of immune-compromised individuals
- Those in long-stay residential care homes
If there is someone you rely on as your carer, please ask them to contact their own surgery as they may be eligible for a free flu vaccination too. Thank you.
For more information, please visit: www.nhs.uk/flujab
* Pre-school children aged 2-3 years will be vaccinated at their general practice. Children aged 4-10 years will normally be vaccinated at school.
FLU CLINIC DATES:
28/09/2020 OVER 65
05/10/2020 OVER 65
12/10/2020 UNDER 65
19/10/2020 OVER 65
26/10/2020 UNDER 65
02/11/2020 OVER 65
09/11/2020 UNDER 65
16/11/2020 OVER 65
23/11/2020 UNDER 65
30/11/2020 50-64 + OVER 65
07/12/2020 50-64 + OVER 65
WHAT TO DO WHEN ATTENDING A FLU CLINIC APPOINTMENT
1) PLEASE ATTEND BY YOURSELF IF POSSIBLE
2) IF POSSIBLE LEAVE YOUR COAT IN THE CAR. IF ARRIVING BY BUS OR TAXI PLEASE REMOVE YOUR COAT AS SOON AS YOU ENTER THE BUILDING
3) PLEASE ATTEND AT YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME. DO NOT COME EARLY AS THERE ARE NO CHAIRS TO SIT ON
4) PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR A MASK WHEN ATTENDING
5) PLEASE KEEP SOCIAL DISTANCE IF THERE IS A QUEUE
6) ENTER THROUGH THE MAIN DOOR
7) YOU WILL BE ASKED A NUMBER OF QUESTIONS AND YOU WILL HAVE YOUR TEMPERATURE TAKEN
8) YOU WILL BE OFFERED A PNEUMONIA OR A SHINGLES VACCINE WHEN YOU ATTEND IF APPROPRIATE
9) DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU OR A CLOSE CONTACT HAS SYMPTOMS OR HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH A CONFIRMED OR SUSPECTED CASE OF COVID 19 WITHIN THE LAST TWO WEEKS
10) IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING PLEASE TELEPHONE US TO CANCEL YOUR APPOINTMENT SO THAT IT CAN BE GIVEN TO SOMEONE ELSE